Certified Mindfulness Teacher
The Journey Back to Presence
Melanie’s interest in a spiritual life rekindled in the year 2000 following a series of family deaths and a period of internal challenges. She began exploring yoga, reiki, nature practice, minimalism, meditation and Buddhist practices and witnessed changes in her body, heart and mind. Melanie believes in the power of mindfulness and meditation to help develop deeper embodied presence, clarity of mind, emotional stability, personal growth and life vision. Read more about her personal entrepreneurial story and early work in Voyage LA Magazine.
It brings Melanie great joy working with others interested in mindfulness practices, and she feels deep satisfaction bearing witness the growth of others on the path. Bringing curiosity and love to each moment helps create the possibility for developing inner strength and freedom from the relentless stories of the mind.
Each personalized session focuses on an area of mindfulness, includes a private guided meditation, time for questions and development of a weekly mindful home program. Your sessions will be customized to fit your learning style, ability and lifestyle.
Some session topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up your posture and establishing a daily practice
- Grounding in the body
- Being present to the breath
- Attuning to sounds
- Awareness of pleasant, unpleasant and neutral sensations
- Learning to see your own mental habits
- Recognizing emotions in the body
- Cultivating kindness and self-compassion
- Learning natural truths of impermanence, difficulty and non-identification
- Paying attention in daily activities
- Communicating mindfully with others
“What you practice grows stronger.” – Shauna Shapiro