Melanie’s interest in a spiritual life rekindled in the year 2000 following a series of family deaths and a period of internal challenges. She began exploring movement, energy and nature practices, as well as minimalism, meditation and Buddhist teachings. Melanie believes in the power of mindfulness and meditation to help develop deeper embodied presence, clarity of mind, emotional stability, personal growth and life vision. Read more about her entrepreneurial story and early work in Voyage LA Magazine.
It brings Melanie great joy working with others interested in mindfulness practices, and she feels deep satisfaction bearing witness the growth of others on the path. Bringing curiosity and love to each moment helps create the possibility for developing inner strength and freedom from the relentless stories of the mind.
Each personalized session focuses on an area of mindfulness, includes a private guided meditation, time for questions and development of a mindfulness home program. Your sessions will be customized to fit your learning style, ability and lifestyle.
Mindfulness Mentoring is a for you if:
- You’re new to meditation and want guidance developing a practice
- You’re looking for a guide to support your current mindfulness practice
- You’re looking to better understand your thoughts and emotions
- You’re experiencing chronic illness or in CIRS recovery and looking for kind support through a mindfulness lens
Some session topics include, but are not limited to the following:
- Setting up your posture and establishing a daily practice
- Grounding in the body and sensing the breath
- Learning to see and find space from your mental habits
- Recognizing emotions in the body
- Cultivating self-compassion
- Communicating mindfully with others
- Bringing presence and kindness to the CIRS and chronic illness process
“What you practice grows stronger.” – Shauna Shapiro