Melanie Pensak, an Earth Protector, offers nature-based meditation experiences designed to honor Mother Earth, cultivate interconnection with the land and assist people in developing their daily mindfulness practice. She is known for her 4 -year Airbnb Experience Meditate @ the Beach in Los Angeles.
Melanie presently leads nature-based meditation classes and half day retreats on Shoshone-Bannock land in Boise, Idaho. During this time of safe distancing, Melanie also offers online meditation courses via Zoom as well as one-on-one mentoring in the areas of mindfulness and nature practice. She is certified as a Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Training Institute accredited by the International Mindfulness Teachers Association (IMTA). Melanie is a Teacher of Mindfulness in Nature through Mark Coleman’s program Awake in the Wild.
She is particularly interested in the concept of reciprocity creating outdoor mindfulness workshops which integrate giving back to the land through responsible restoration and regenerative practices. Melanie feels passionate about helping people incorporate mindfulness and nature into their modern, busy lives after living in cities herself for 15 years.
She is also a Certified Speech-Language Pathologist who enjoys helping children and families communicate. Melanie provides therapy online and offers one-on-one guided play with children outside in nature.
During the pandemic, Melanie lived and worked in community on an organic farm and engaged in land stewardship on a ranch. In her free time, she enjoys learning how to be a part of the shift towards regenerative living for all beings. She supports organizations such as Extinction Rebellion Los Angeles, Farmers Footprint and Non-Toxic Neighborhoods.
You can also find her online as a hostess and community leader for Sangha Live. She is presently diving deeper into the Indigenous Knowledge of her own Ukrainian and Polish ancestry. When it is time to play, Melanie can be found exploring in nature, salsa dancing and refining the art of doing nothing.
- Sep 08 2024 - Oct 13 2024
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Cost in $US
- Sliding Scale
Mindfully Navigating CIRS Recovery: Intro to Meditation 6-week Course
WHO SHOULD SIGN UP?
This 6-week course is appropriate for those with CIRS (Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome) and on the Shoemaker Recovery path. It is designed for those who are new to mindfulness meditation practices or for experienced meditators looking to refresh practice in community. Teachings will directly relate to CIRS experiences.
*** The course is best suited for those who are on Step 2 of the Shoemaker protocol (out of exposure, on biotoxin binders) or beyond and who feel they can commit to 6 weeks of attendance. ***
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
Each 1-hour session will provide guidance on different elements of mindfulness meditation. You will learn a variety of mindfulness meditations and practical ways to integrate mindfulness into CIRS recovery.
- Cultivating self-awareness
- Learning to rest in the body
- Working with repetitive thinking
- Identifying the judgmental “inner critic”
- Safely feeling emotions
- Supporting yourself with kindness and compassion
WHAT TOPICS WILL BE COVERED?
The course includes the following:
- Training in meditation, developing awareness of breath, body, feelings and thoughts
- Managing stress and learning how to shift from reaction to response
- Recognizing and releasing unhelpful thoughts and mind states
- Exploring, understanding and working with a range of emotional experience
- Cultivating the qualities of kindness, love and self -compassion
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH SESSION?
Each 1-hour class includes:
- Guided Meditation Practice
- Teachings on the topic of the day
- Time for questions
- Inquiry with fellow students
- Activities and support for home practice
- Access to prerecorded meditations
- One private 15-minute teacher meeting half way through the course
WHAT DAY AND TIME?
Sunday Evenings @ 7 PM EST: Sept. 8, 15, 22, 29 Oct. 6 and 13, 2024
- Please contact Melanie if you have questions about the course
- Ticket prices are offered on a sliding scale
- Registration closes Saturday, Sept. 7, 2024
- Tickets are non-refundable
Melanie is certified as a Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Training Institute.
She has completed additional mindfulness training through David Treleaven’s Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness program.
Melanie is a Shoemaker Proficiency Partner Diplomate and recovering from CIRS.